Wednesday, February 20, 2013

5 Ways To Say I Love You


My heart sunk when a friend told me her boyfriend broke up with her. Of the many excuses and reasons the guy attribute it to their long distance relationship and their different love language.

What love language?

Love in itself is already complex and I have to know this love language?

Is that Italian, German, Chinese or French?

Here are the 5 love languages:

  1. Words of Affirmation
– expressing yourself through words:
“you look good on that dress”
  1. Quality Time
– you are physical present, spends time & do things together
Watching movie together & talking about the movie over dinner or coffee
  1. Receiving Gifts
- giving her something of value or use to her makes her think you are thinking of her
Flowers on Valentine’s Day
  1. Acts of Service
- action speaks louder than words, so you do things for each other or do it together
Doing errands together  
  1. Physical Touch
- hugging, kissing, holding hands
Give him or her a big hug after a day’s work.

Knowing each other’s love language will spare you of unnecessary arguments or frustration.

Take this quiz to identify your love language and know your loved ones'.

This will also help build and strengthen your relationship with your family, kids and friends.

I have always loved that we do some things together. Only some cause I also want to give him his own me time and besides there will always be things he wants that you don’t or you want that he doesn’t.

The quiz  did affirm my love language of “acts of service & quality time”

I also asked him to take the quiz and as predicted his love language is quality time. It is also an affirmation for me that I made the right choice.

But mind you, we still enjoy giving gifts & surprises to each other. I describe it as cherry on top.

So what is your love language? Find out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment